Friday, December 5, 2014

My American cuisine part I

When I was in Colorado some weeks ago I asked the taxi driver about typical dishes from the area. He was quite surprised by my question and claimed that they were the same as in the rest of USA. That is hamburger and pizza.

Well, he was wrong in more than one way since he then continued to talk about American women of all ages being "easy" (he was not American himself) and the city of San Francisco being too liberal.

Apart from his tiring prejudices he forgot to mention the sweet invention of the Denver omelet! An omelet filled with diced ham, onions, and green bell peppers and topped with cheese. Nom nom!

Another of my favorite American dishes is the Cobb salad. It is made from chopped salad greens (iceberg lettuce, watercress, endives and Romaine lettuce), tomato, crisp bacon, grilled or roasted chicken breast, hard-boiled egg, avocado, chives, Roquefort cheese, and red-wine vinaigrette.

                                    This specific Cobb salad I enjoyed in Boston in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment