Friday, December 5, 2014

Going shopping!

One of the best thing about traveling is exploring the local cuisine. I love trying new food and restaurants. Another fun activity is exploring the local supermarkets.

I am used to the Swedish supermarkets with its smågodis, different styles of salmon and herring, vast selection of papers and the Spanish supermarkets with its animal bones and fish heads to make broth, hundred variations of yoghurts, serrano ham hanging from the ceiling and perfumed toilet paper and waste bags. Coming here I did not know what to expect. Anyway, this is what I discovered.

Americans like beer.



Every state seems to have their own style.


This animal is making me confused (and a little worried).


Somewhere from the deep south I presume.


San Francisco!


Alaska




I am not a big beer drinker but I love the look of these beers from Hawaii..


Americans like barbecue and marinara sauces (and they demand variation).




Products you normally don't find in Swedish supermarkets.


Swedish supermarkets are less rock'n roll.




There is a big Jewish community in USA.


Is it yoghurt? Is it candy? It doesn't matter, you don't need to chose.

Keg party!!

Of course!


Products you do normally find in Swedish Supermarkets.


A Swedish delicacy. Well, well..




"Swedish" products you normally don't find in Swedish supermarkets.


Svenhard's?


What is that seasoning and why have I never heard about it before?

Kung Oscar, is that you? (it says Made in Argentina on the back. The plot thickens...)

No comments:

Post a Comment